Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2019

To Andrea I Never Knew

You don't know who I am but I know everything you want in the world.
You're an innocent soul filled with hope, taking giddy pleasure in simplicity.
Hungry Hungry Hippos

I've never seen you but I know your eyes are filled with wonder.
You long to explore, uncover and conquer mysterious worlds.
Dragon Books

We've never spoken but I know what you need.
Child-like joy in winter's fury.
Hat & Mittens

I've never felt you squeeze my hand but I know what's in your heart
You hide the isolation you feel from being different.
Sparkly Jeans & Soft Sweater - Size 8

I don't know where you live but I can picture your room
The few things you treasure neatly stowed away.
Floor Puzzle

I hope I never exist in your world. I wish that you know nothing more than the simple pleasure of getting everything you've asked for on Christmas morning. And more. Because I know you're thankful for everything you have. I won't be there to see it but I know your smile will light up the room and I will feel it in my heart.

Merry Christmas Andrea - you're more than just a name on a tree.