Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Twenty Minutes Pass

"I'm not crazy. I just needed someone to talk to"
"Holidays can be a stressful time, but I'm really glad you called"
"Yeah, right. I'm sure there's nothing else you'd rather be doing"
"Actually, I'm very happy to be here"

"It's not fair - you know my name but I don't know yours"
"It's Jason"
"Jason? Is that your real name or the name they make you use?"
"The one they make me use. It's really ****"

"So did you lose a coin flip or something?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean how'd you get suckered into working Christmas?"
"Just lucky, I guess"

Twenty minutes pass.

"So is that pathetic or what?"
"Actually it sounds like you've handled it pretty well"
"It just seems like it's getting harder and harder"
"But you're getting stronger and stronger"

"Karen is not my real name"
"I know, but that's OK"
"There's something else I should tell you"

Twenty minutes pass.

"I'm gonna finish watching 'Traveling Pants'"
"I admit - that made me cry"
laughing "I should have guessed"
"Shhh, don't tell anyone"

"I think I'm going to be OK"
"I think so too"
"I almost didn't call"
"It made my day that you did"

Twenty seconds pass.

"Thank you" *click*

"No, thank you"